2019 RGAW - Community Event Grants Program
In May 2019 the Office of Responsible Gambling provided $100,000 in funding for one-off community events and promotional activities to support Responsible Gambling Awareness Week (RGAW) 2019, to be held from 16 September to 22 September 2019. Building on the success of 2018 the theme of 2019 will also be “Check‑in”.
Grants of up to $10,000 were available to support local events and activities that will increase awareness of gambling and gambling-related harm in the NSW community. Events funded under the grants program are required to be held between 9 September 2019 and 29 September 2019.
Applications were sought from community organisations, Gambling Help services, sporting clubs, schools, local government as well as commercial organisations, licensed venues, Liquor Accords and individuals to deliver projects in support of RGAW objectives, including:
- public education and awareness event such as a pop‑up stall at a local gaming venue, shopping centre or community centre
- public education and awareness event with guest speakers
- health and wellbeing information expo
- local film night with service information stalls
- sports day or tournament with a relevant theme
- panel discussion with health and gambling experts.
More information is available in the 2019 Responsible Gambling Awareness Week Community Events Program Guide (PDF, 458KB).
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Responsible Gambling on (02) 9995 0992 or email@example.com.