In February 2019 the Office of Responsible Gambling offered $100,000 in funding to local Liquor Accords to run and promote innovative and established initiatives to boost public safety and minimise alcohol related harm.
Grants of up to $15,000 per application were available to support local initiatives to bring positive improvements to public safety and amenity in and around licensed premises, and in other public and private spaces:
- education and awareness programs, especially those targeted at school students and school leavers
- signage, posters or brochures to improve patron safety
- programs and initiatives that encourage positive patron behaviour
- road safety awareness and initiatives
- late night transport options, and
- measures to improve community or public safety, for example, extra lighting around town centres and/or licensed premises.
NSW Liquor Accord Grants were funded by the Community Development Fund.
More information is available in the Liquor Accord Grants 2019 Program Guide (PDF, 1MB).