The Office of Responsible Gambling’s Strategic Plan for 2021-24 outlines our vision to work towards zero gambling harm. We will achieve this by:
- preventing and reducing gambling harm, for people at risk and the broader community
- improving individual and community wellbeing, for those affected by gambling harm
- supporting people to make informed choices about gambling
- contributing to public debate and influencing gambling harm prevention and minimisation by government, industry, community, and other stakeholders.
The key goals of the plan are:
- Research - Our research builds the evidence base to influence gambling policy, programs and behaviour.
- Education & Awareness - We educate and empower individuals and the community so that they can make informed choices, take action to prevent and reduce gambling harm, and seek support when they need it.
- Services & Support - Our support and treatment services are multimodal, integrated, tailored to the needs of diverse communities and are widely seen by professionals and people experiencing gambling harm as accessible and effective.
- Leadership & Influence - We lead and influence stronger gambling harm prevention and minimisation culture and practice by government, industry, community, and other stakeholders.