Responsible gambling tips
If you want to gamble more responsibly, the following tips may help:
- Gambling is meant to be fun. If you’re not enjoying it, it might be time to stop.
- Know the rules. Understand how the game works and read the terms and conditions.
- Set a limit on your spending. Decide how much you’re going to spend and leave your bank cards at home.
- Have a game plan. Decide how long you’re going to gamble for and plan what to do when you reach your limit.
- Don’t get caught up in the moment. It can be hard to stop gambling when your friends are betting big around you. Stand firm and don’t succumb to peer pressure to keep betting.
- Don’t drink or use drugs when gambling. Gambling under the influence is not a good idea.
- Don’t gamble when you’re depressed or upset. It’s hard to make good decisions when you’re having a bad day.