For individuals, gambling responsibly is when you:
- Are in control of how much time and money you are spending
- See gambling as a form of entertainment, not a way to make money
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Know and accept the odds
- Understand your chances of winning
- Don’t go back the next time to try and win back your losses
Responsible gambling is also the responsibility of the providers of gambling services, likes pubs, clubs, and online betting services. There are laws in place to promote a culture of responsible gambling. You can read more on the Liquor and Gaming NSW website.